A Grade 4 Prosecutor since 1995, he has extensive experience in all aspects of criminal law and has both prosecuted and defended cases of murder, manslaughter, serious fraud, drug importation and serious sexual offences.
- R-v-Hills, Davies and Pomfrey (2008) EWCA CRIM 1821 (Consecutive Indeterminate Sentences)
Very high costs cases (VHCC’s):
- R-v-Reynolds – Fraud
- R-v-Harris – Importation of Class A Drugs
- R-v-Adjewole – Operation Jasmine (Part 1) – Nursing Home Abuse
Other notable cases:
- R-v-Hearn – Fraud
- R-v-Strain – £3 Million Fuel Laundering Case
- R-v-Salisa – Operation Jasmine (Part 2) – Nursing Home Abuse
- R-v-Webb & Others – Paedophile Ring
- R-v-Evans – Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy
Among the contentious issues with which he has had to deal with are Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy, the onset of rigor mortis in geriatric patients and the chemical composition of propulsion for cars.
Ieuan is a fluent Welsh Speaker and has conducted cases on behalf of both the prosecution and defence in the Crown Court through the medium of Welsh.